MovieTreatments.com Forums  

Go Back   MovieTreatments.com Forums > The Welcome Center > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 12:45 PM

caribeview is on a distinguished road
Default otro rookie!

hello I live in the Mayan Riviera on the Island of Cozumel. I need to know if this is where I post a treatment to sell, or is this just a group that reads each others submissions and comments? plz excuse my ignorance. would appreciate your responses. thanx
Old 02-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Hollywood Veteran

Location: Tinseltown (Not Hollywood, it's a real town somewhere else)
WriteNow is on a distinguished road

Hey caribeview, I think I can answer that for you-

Basically this site is still in its infancy, but the idea is to have a repositorty of treatments that Hollywood types can come by, sift through, and see what they like.

If your hoping to post your treatment and then get a message form Paypal saying "you've got cash" then no, that's not going to happen.

Marc has basically been trying to wrangle some people in the Hollywood scene, and people that have been there (like me) for various reasons, selling the treatment being the main one. But we can also offer you constructive criticism, advice on how/where/when to submit treatments.

So far all the H'wood people I know that I've directed here that have checked things out complain of the same thing- not enough treatments.

So we need to get more treatments up, which will get the execs coming back, and get all of you on the fast track to H'wood semi-stardom!
(Let's face it- writers don't become bigs stars, usually).

Just think about every producer and director in town having this site bookmarked and coming here daily because it's easy, fast, and free for them to see what the hot new ideas are. And it's easy, fast, and free for the users to get them out there.

So, in short- upload your treatments. There's no downside and the upside is making millions and retiring to a tropical paradise. Wait, scratch that last one-

Last edited by WriteNow; 02-23-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 AM

caribeview is on a distinguished road
Default thanx

thanx for your reply. i can see why a lot of people get confused by this site it is hard to navigate. i can´t even find the upload of bed and breakfast that i submitted for my friend. i admit to being computer illiterate but how do i find them. i already live on a tropical island i just need some mo money!!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Hollywood Veteran

Location: Tinseltown (Not Hollywood, it's a real town somewhere else)
WriteNow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribeview View Post
thanx for your reply. i can see why a lot of people get confused by this site it is hard to navigate. i can´t even find the upload of bed and breakfast that i submitted for my friend. i admit to being computer illiterate but how do i find them. i already live on a tropical island i just need some mo money!!
Well, this site is mostly based on the forums, so it might be a little different, navigation-wise than one with little "click me!" buttons eveywhere. All uploads go into the section "Upload Your Movie Treatment". Your upload is resting there comfortably right now-

Last edited by WriteNow; 03-01-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:15 AM

joehollywood is on a distinguished road

Yeah it took me some time to navigate this site too but it is like second nature now. Then again I visit a lot of forums so I am used to this type of web site format.