MovieTreatments.com Forums  

Go Back   MovieTreatments.com Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 11:38 PM

PoisonPen is on a distinguished road
Smile Maybe a silly question-

I'm going to be visiting L.A. in a week or so (for the second time, but I was only a child the last time) and I was wondering if any of you currently living there know what is a good restaurant to go to see Hollywood movers and shakers? Not necessarily celebs, but where do all the execs go for their "power lunches" that I've read about?

I would love to eavesdrop on somebody making a big movie deal! Help me out!

Ok, maybe I'm secretly hoping to pitch some big exec while waiting for the bathroom- a girl can dream . . .
Old 02-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Administrator

marc has disabled reputation

DanTana's in West Hollywood fits that description. I went there once and there were celebs and Hollywood power players there. Very dark atmosphere, a perfect place for them to hide out. Good luck getting reservations though! They are pretty booked usually.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 PM

I told my friend to try and make us reservations there so we'll see. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:11 PM

Well, we didn't make it DanTana's but instead went to Morton's and I saw David Duchovny! Which is pretty cool because I'm a big X-Files fan. We saw a couple more famous people at a tiny bar in Hollywood, not sure the name (we went to a few!).

It was a fun trip and I'm definitely hoping to move out to LA soon!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Hollywood Veteran

Location: Tinseltown (Not Hollywood, it's a real town somewhere else)
WriteNow is on a distinguished road

I should have suggested Morton's. It's a fantastic restaurant (as long you don't mind paying big $$ for a steak) and more of a place the "old guard" goes. In other words you won't see Miley Cyrus or the cast of Twilight there, more likely producers and directors and classy actors like Deniro and the like. Though it's pretty accommodating for regular folks, too, unlike many celeb hotspots.

Duchovny must have been exciting for you though, especially if you are a fan. Haven't seen him in much lately, film-wise, and though he's great in it, I think Californication is a poorly written show.

Glad you had a good visit. To you and anyone else I like to say that L.A. is neither good nor bad- it is simply all things. If you want something- it's there. If you don't- it's going to be there anyway so be prepared to deal with it.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM

Rex is on a distinguished road

Hey, I just went to DanTana's (to celebrate) and guess who was at the table (two) across from me? Harrison Ford!

Even though I don't like bothering celebs for autographs or the like it just looked like he was having a casual dinner with a friend (whose back was to us), so I went up to his table and said hello when his friend went to the bathroom. (Plus this isn't just any celeb, this is Indiana Jones, Han Solo, etc.) Turns out Harrison was going to an Empire Strikes Back Reunion at the Arclight. I told him he was great, etc. and I was a big fan and he said thanks. I mentioned I was a writer and gave him my card, told him I had a perfect role for him (which, come to think of it- I DO. He would be PERFECT for the lead in Holocaust. Hmmmmmm . . .) although I'm sure he's heard that a billion times.

Anyway, his friend came back from the bathroom (I said a quick hello) then I excused myself and went back to my table and my date (she's not really a big Harrison Ford fan).

So here's the funny part- my date says to me, "Oh my god! You got to meet Ewan McGregor!" I was like, "Huh?" Then I looked over and Harrision's "friend" who had come back from the bathroom and had his back to us was none other that Obi-Wan himself, Ewan Mcgregor! Hilarious that I was so blinded by Harrison's veteran star power I didn't even notice the younger version.

Nice guy, though, that Harrison Ford.

Last edited by Rex; 05-21-2010 at 01:14 AM.