MovieTreatments.com Forums  

Go Back   MovieTreatments.com Forums > The Welcome Center > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Hollywood Veteran

Location: Tinseltown (Not Hollywood, it's a real town somewhere else)
WriteNow is on a distinguished road
Post Welcome Writers

Hey guys, I'm WriteNow.

I'm here to help you guys out with your Hollywood dreams. I've done what many of you are trying to do and can offer some (hopefully) sage advice on the tricky business of getting in the door in Hollywood.

I went to USC film school, spent about ten years in the Hollywood game, sold several treatments, and ended up finding my niche as a script polisher, amongst various other side projects too numerous to mention. I even sold one of my own scripts (for what was at the time a very agreeable sum), only to watch it collect dust and never be produced (that one hurt . . .)

Anyway, I have some ideas to get things happening on this site. It's a fantastic resource and I'd like to see it become THE go-to site for amateurs and pros alike. Keep an eye out for upcoming events, and feel free to ask me a question (just start a thread so everyone can read, or PM if you're shy).

Also, take note of my name. That was no accident. One thing I found in H'wood is that 90% of the time "writers" just sit around talking about how they aren't getting anywhere. Guess what? You're not writing! So every time you see my name think to yourself- "Why aren't I writing- right now?"

And remember- no matter what ANYONE says, not your next door neighbor or the head of Warner Bros.- keep at it. Eventually, you will succeed-