MovieTreatments.com Forums  

Go Back   MovieTreatments.com Forums > General Discussion > Hollywood Connections

Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 02:09 AM

joehollywood is on a distinguished road
Default This is my biggest need right now

I have been writing scripts and treatments for years but have never gotten them into the hands of the right people.

So frustrating!

If anyone has solid contacts, not just someone who will shove my treatment in a desk drawer, I would really appreciate it!

With any luck this forum will get noticed and maybe some hollywood types will lurk around and actually contact us first, instead of us chasing them down. Now that would be awesome. Let's make it happen people!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Administrator

marc has disabled reputation

Over the years I've had several Hollywood people e-mail me asking when the site would be live. I e-mailed them yesterday and invited them to the forums. Hopefully they'll stop by and even register/post; we could really benefit from their experience and know-how. I'll do my best to recruit as many Hollywood folks here as possible.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:09 PM

rzzsl is on a distinguished road

Do you have a script that you would like to see made into a movie ? It costs about $1.5 M to $2.2 M to produce a low, budget, Independent Film which will be distributed domestically, as well as overseas. We can introduce you to successful Producers who will produce your low budget, Independent Film. If you believe that you have a great idea - -or a super script - - and you’re prepared to invest $650,000 in your own film with a Producer who will raise the rest of the money needed for the Production - -and hand back to you, every cent of your investment from the first dollar received - -- then contact me now. This may be the chance of your life. Don’t miss out. Serious inquiries from talented people ONLY
Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Hollywood Veteran

Location: Tinseltown (Not Hollywood, it's a real town somewhere else)
WriteNow is on a distinguished road

joe-

Here's the thing-

If someone DOES happen to have a big "in" at a major studio/production company then they likely have VERY limited use of it. In other words, they aren't going to blow their "in" by tossing them every one of their buddies scripts.

It's just the Hollywood game. You will find a lot of support, but in the end everyone wants to succeed and there's just not enough room.

So, enough doom and gloom. What do you do?

GET CREATIVE. This is what I did in order to try and sell my first (terrible) screenplay- about kids in high school: I was working as an extra on the Paramount lot, I ditched work, went to Kinko's, ran off a hundred copies of my screenplay and left one on the windshield of EVERY car in the executives lot.

I got fired as an extra. I didn't sell the script. BUT I got the attention of an up-and-coming producer that lead to me getting a gig polishing another script for a TV pilot- about kids in high school. Which didn't get picked up but it got me in the door, and on and on . . .

Anyway, you get the idea. Everyone has a screenplay in Hollywood. You either need the credentials or the connections if you expect to just write good stuff and have that be enough. You don't- so GET CREATIVE.

And feel free to use my idea- you can just walk on the lots of most movie studios, put your script on Spielberg's car (I'm not kidding). If security asks, say you have a delivery for stage 19. Trust me, it works- I've done it.

Last edited by WriteNow; 02-16-2010 at 10:11 PM.