MovieTreatments.com Forums  

Go Back   MovieTreatments.com Forums > The Welcome Center > Forum Basics

Notices

Old 03-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Administrator

marc has disabled reputation
Default Welcome everyone! A brief overview of the forums.

First off, thanks to all of you who have patiently waited for this site to launch. I've received tons of e-mails over the past several years from eager visitors, and it gives me great joy to see our movie treatments community finally coming together. I had a poll up for about a year, and the majority vote was to turn this site into a forum/discussion board, so that's what I did. The main URL is still active (movietreatments.com) and I'll post updates there from time to time, but other than that the forums are where the majority of the action will be.

I wanted a great forum so I purchased the best forum software available: vBulletin. It is extremely detailed and feature-rich, which can be daunting at first, but please be patient and give it a fair shake. I am new to running a vBulletin forum myself, so I'll be learning along with you. So far I am really enjoying it, it truly is the best forum software available.

To begin your forum experience I recommend visiting the FAQ section, which is extremely comprehensive and tells you everything you need to know about using this forum. But one thing I wanted to point out right away is this: unlike most forum software, vBulletin allows you to upload documents right into your posts. This will be extremely useful for those of us who have treatments in Word doc format, etc. We can upload the docs straight into our posts so everyone can view them, which is nice. To attach docs, simply press the paperclip button when starting or replying to a post, like so:

And, as you can see above, you can paste images into your message as well, which is very handy.