Thread: Wreckage
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Hollywood Veteran

Location: Tinseltown (Not Hollywood, it's a real town somewhere else)
WriteNow is on a distinguished road

Hey Rex, if you're still with us I wonder if you've been following the news of the film Gravity that Alfonso Cuaron is directing. It had Angelina Jolie in the lead but she dropped out and now they're going for Natalie Portman (one of my favorites) for the lead.

Anyway, when I heard the description I was surprised to find out that it was very much like your treatment for Wreckage. It's about the "lone survivor" on a space station and her attempts to return back home. Now I read this and thought- is THIS why Rex has disappeared, has he hit the big time? Which really is a valid question. Gravity sounds like a glossier version on Wreckage, punched up with the latest info gleaned from focus groups about things like "Who would you want to see as the lone survivor on a space station? A middle-aged man or one of the most beautiful women alive?"

So, given the timing I have to ask if you sold Wreckage to anyone. If not it's a nice little coincidence and a very clear indicator that you are on the right track, as far as keeping ahead of the Hollywood trends.

So let us know, Rex. And also update us on Holocaust and the other stuff you have going. I recall you saying you had a great treatment about an Iraq War vet with extreme PTSD. Post it!