View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM

Rex is on a distinguished road

Hey, I just went to DanTana's (to celebrate) and guess who was at the table (two) across from me? Harrison Ford!

Even though I don't like bothering celebs for autographs or the like it just looked like he was having a casual dinner with a friend (whose back was to us), so I went up to his table and said hello when his friend went to the bathroom. (Plus this isn't just any celeb, this is Indiana Jones, Han Solo, etc.) Turns out Harrison was going to an Empire Strikes Back Reunion at the Arclight. I told him he was great, etc. and I was a big fan and he said thanks. I mentioned I was a writer and gave him my card, told him I had a perfect role for him (which, come to think of it- I DO. He would be PERFECT for the lead in Holocaust. Hmmmmmm . . .) although I'm sure he's heard that a billion times.

Anyway, his friend came back from the bathroom (I said a quick hello) then I excused myself and went back to my table and my date (she's not really a big Harrison Ford fan).

So here's the funny part- my date says to me, "Oh my god! You got to meet Ewan McGregor!" I was like, "Huh?" Then I looked over and Harrision's "friend" who had come back from the bathroom and had his back to us was none other that Obi-Wan himself, Ewan Mcgregor! Hilarious that I was so blinded by Harrison's veteran star power I didn't even notice the younger version.

Nice guy, though, that Harrison Ford.

Last edited by Rex; 05-21-2010 at 01:14 AM.