View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Administrator

marc has disabled reputation

Caribeview:

I mostly agree with WriteNow's comments; what you submitted is really not a treatment. In fact it is much brighter, cheerier and uniquely formatted than the standard fare, and it definitely stands out because of that. But as WriteNow said, Hollywood still prefers the boring plain text format where you have to use your imagination, sadly. But also as WriteNow said, your format could really strike a chord with someone enough for them to, say, schedule a meeting to chat further.

I personally don't feel that this treatment could be realistically made into a film, due in part to the planned cast of actors, as well as a plot that incorporates the plots of several other blockbuster films; due to legalities and copyright issues this is typically not done. There are many other things about this treatment that could be very difficult to overcome to make this actually work as a script or a movie. As WriteNow stated though, the IDEA is very original and out of the box, and that makes a significant statement about the creative abilities of the writer.

Yours was the most interesting treatment I've read. It could definitely get someone's attention. And that someone would likely pass, but at least you'd have their attention; meaning, if you do as WriteNow recommends and have 5 other treatments in your back pocket, you've now got an interested party to pitch them to. And odds are that if one of those five is fairly good, you might have a bright future ahead......

I'm very interested to see what else you post here; I'll definitely put it on my "must read" list.